Saturday, August 31, 2013

What makes a TRUE AMERICAN?

Over the past 7 weeks on this very show you had heard me go through the article in Imprimis, which is put out by Hillsdale College, from October 2012 entitled “Is America Exceptional?” by Norman Podhoretz. This led me to wondering just what a TRUE AMERICAN really is. My good friend Alan D. Vera had posted the following on Facebook and after reading it, I know just what a TRUE AMERICAN is.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if:
It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, 'One nation, under God.'
You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if:
You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.
You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if:
You still say 'Christmas' instead of 'Winter Festival.'
You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if:
You bow your head when someone prays.
You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if:
You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.
You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if:
You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.
You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if:
You've never burned an American flag.
You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if:
You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.
You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if:
You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.
.
God Bless the U S A ! Amen
AND YOU ARE A TRUE AMERICAN, IF YOU THINK THE NATIONAL ANTHEM SHOULD ONLY BE SUNG

As some of you know, when I started this show I started out with Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue by Toby Keith as it is COURTESY of the Red, White, and Blue that I was able to host this very show, which I took the title from if you think on it. In fact, let me play that song for you right now:

After Barack Obama stole the election on November 6, I got to thinking of  a new theme song for the show, and as you heard at the top I had found a good one in Real American by Rick Derringer. Just listen to the chorus:

I am a real American
fight for the rights of every man
I am a real American
fight for what's right
fight for your life

For those of you on Twitter who had seen the #RedRightBlue hashtag you might have seen me mention that it is time for #RedRightBlue on #OTNN – a REAL SHOW for REAL AMERICANS. Well it is true. Just like what Alan said about true Americans, the same thing can be said for Real Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment